Green, Innovative and Broad-spectrum Intestinal Antimicrobial (Odourless Enteric-releasing Benzoic Acid Premix 70%)
Unique Characteristics & Functions of Superstin-ER.:
- Odourless: totally tree of irritating smells, Superstin-ER remains stable in its original form and does not volatilize;
- Free of any astringent taste: Superstin-ER does not depress teed intake;
- Easy to use, non-caking granules: Superstin-ER is microen-capsulated for high flowability and uniform mixing.
- High purity: Superstin-ER is formulated from food grade raw ma-terial with a purity of ≥ 99.95%;
- Broad-spectrum antimicrobial: Superstin-ER exhibits a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) against Escherichia coli, Salmonella and Clostridium perfringens of 500 – 1000 ug/ml.
- Enteric-coated: Superstin-ER is targeted to be released in the intestine with a bioavailability that is < 10%, which means ≥ 90% of the active ingredient can reach the middle and posterior part of the small intestine.
Users’ Value of Superstin:
- Superstin-ER exerts strong antimicrobial activity against gram-negative bacteria including E. Coli. Among all the accessible and commercially available natural edible (GRAS) substances , benzoic acid has the strongest antimicrobial activity against E. Coli., and is thus an efficacious feed additive to help manage diarrhea, wet droppings or soft stools in pigs, chickens and ducks, and to completely substitute for Colistin Sulphate. The subsitution for Colistin Sulphate is direct since their mode of action is the same: to have antimicrobial activities against E. Coli.
- Besides inhibiting Gram– bacteria, Superstin-ER also exerts strong broad-spectrum antimicrobial activities against Gram-positive bacteria: when Superstin is used, complete substitution for broad-spectrum antimicrobials such as Chlorotetracycline and Oxytetracycline and complete substitution for AGPs used for Gram-positive bacteria – including Stafac (Virginia-mycin) and Nosiheptide – can be achieved.
Among all the commercially available natural edible (GRAS) substances, Superstin-ER (Benzoic Acid) reportedly has the strongest inhibiting effect on gram-negative bacteria including E. Coli. , is thus an efficacious feed additive to help manage diarrhea and to directly and completely substitute for Colistin Sulphate, whose mode of action is also antimicrobial against E. Coli.